Friday, August 5, 2011

Introduction


How does one start the first post on a brand new blog? I think I’ll start mine with what I’m most passionate about. Writing. After all, this blog is going to be about my writing shenanigans, as well as tips on how to play with your imaginary friends AKA characters. 

So this passion of mine began when I was about twelve, obviously sprung from my love for books. Back then, it was more of an interest than anything serious. Then when I turned fifteen, I became more focused in trying to perfect my writing and finish an actual story. That’s also when I began looking into what writing is all about, with help from the internet as well as books on writing. I figured it would come in handy. (And it did).

That brings me to the Creative Writing Course in the second year of my education, which was actually the main reason that I chose to study English language and culture at Utrecht. They were the only University that taught that course. It lasted way too short in my opinion, so I’ll be relieved when I can drown in information while getting my Master’s Degree. Yes, if someone went all Misery on me and locked me in a room with a typewriter, I would be quite the happy camper. 

In case you’re interested, my writing style is all about diversity. I like to write as diverse as possible, maybe because I’m diverse myself. I like to explore all of my interests in my writing. I also want to play with different writing styles and voices. I want to explore as much as possible and find out what suits the story the best.

My favourite genre is fantasy. Probably because I have such a big imagination. I find myself incorporating it into most of my stories. I want to write a crime/mystery (that’s actually WIP #3), but also a drama, a chicklit and a thriller. The funny thing is, I already have ideas for most of those. Like I said, lots of imagination.

Anyway, I currently have three WIPs partially on paper and mostly in my brain. First two are a mystery and a fantasy that involve witches and that’s all I’m going to share with you for now. I may or may not drop a hint or a line on Twitter or here. For now, let’s write on!

8 comments:

  1. Nice start Morgan! Now fill up all the empty spaces with some great posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm? Red comments. Now that's different. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm working on it!
    Yep, different all the way! And red is my favourite colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before going to write somethigns better you have to go for a perfect introduction. This homepage will take you to the perfect writers of ours to get the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The famous mandy white and all of those words are really something. In this website you can do the reword of your essay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every writer should have think about his intro perfectly while he is there to write. This is really a great site wheer you can easily check your paper for getting better quality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blog about writing fiction is awesome. In this blog, writer tell us about write now. This is very useful source about content writing. This is great thing. The people who have interest to write are think about writing always and then the things are drop in their mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As indicated by my data, Just Dreams isn't a Certify Business however this organization has an excellent positioning that is making it solid. Get wonderful ideas here about different kinds of punctuation apps. You can depend on their gave administrations without intuition to the subsequent time.

    ReplyDelete