Sunday, October 30, 2011

NaNoWriMo Time!

Yes, it’s that lovely time of the year again when all (aspiring) writers spend a whole month sitting behind their laptops and computers, with a visible post-it explosion in the room and scribbled notes screaming for attention. Where food is a mere necessity and energy drinks are as important as oxygen. That’s right, I’m talking about NaNoWriMo! J
I remember reading an article on how to write a novel in three days and tried to picture it. The image invoked was one painted with stress and a lot of hair pulling. I cannot imagine writing a novel in three days because I know how long it takes if you want to do it right. Nonetheless, this is how my fascination began with how long it could take to write a novel. So I started with a month. I started with NaNoWriMo.
I’ll start by saying I did make it. I even finished a day early. While I studied at the University. And if I can do it, so can you. It’s just a matter of making it a habit. You get home from work or school and sit down and just write for the sake of writing. Keep going, even if you find out it’s rubbish later on. The first draft is about going with the flow, because that’s where the good stuff usually is. Perfecting it lies with the following drafts. A useful writing tool can be writeordie.com which makes you set a word goal and write those words in one sitting. Best. Invention. Ever. Next to the laptop. And food.
If you’re new at writing it can be quite daunting to even think about finishing a novel, but I highly recommend it. Just get those words on paper. Reread it later. The least you’ll be left is, is a handful of new ideas. At most, a novel. What do you have to lose? Except for sleep.
A little tip before you get started…I advise you to have some basic idea of where you are going. Even if it is just a clear idea of the characters or a general idea for the main plot. The rest you can figure out along the way. Hell, you might even change it along the way. Just write, reread and keep writing.
Good luck and most importantly; have fun! J


5 comments:

  1. This is the time when you can make things more better with your own writing. In here http://www.corporateprofileservices.com/ you will get corporate profile service which you need there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. click The things is that you can really ignore the little side but cannot get ou tof them. click here you will see the paraphrase generation tools for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing tools can help the writers so that they can write their things so easily. Here https://www.waiverletter.net/what-is-the-clep-waiver-and-what-makes-the-clep-test/ you will get the waiver letter service.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading this post I thought it will help me in my English learning. You can read here many writing techniques. I totally read the tools you describe in your review it changed my way of thinks about the English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are numerous ear care focuses in the city yet not many are carrying out their responsibility splendidly. You can get more info about grammar rules. I am additionally experiencing the ear torment your valuable tips will assist me with tackling with that torment.

    ReplyDelete