Thursday, February 21, 2013

Finding a Literary Agent


The mere thought of finding a literary agent already makes me mentally hide under my bed. On the other hand, the thought of actually getting a good agent makes my muse put a gun to my head so I write like my life depends on it, but you know, in a good way. A while back I researched all literary agents in the UK to make a top three for myself, based on the kind of genres they represent. I’m quite the eclectic writer and want to try my hand at a wide range of genres. Why not? The stories that drop by my muse aren’t tied to a label, they just are. And they are also relentless, but again, in a good way.

Anyhow, when I started to slack off a little in the writing cave, I started looking up the website for my number one literary agency to check it out and get myself excited to finish my story. But when I saw the website and the info on the agents, I just wasn’t feeling it. I know I must have checked it out a while back, but I was looking at a lot of websites and focussed more on the genres they represented than their overall vibe. Now that I was actually looking into it and checking out their agents, I realised this wasn’t my number one choice anymore. I just always feel that you have to follow your instincts, especially with something as important as this. I mean, trusting your book with a stranger is quite scary.
So the hunt began again! I sharpened my spear, put some mud on my face and dove into the deep forest of literary agents. And now I’ve found two really good agencies that I’ll be contacting and my writing groove is back too. I guess it goes to show how important it is to research as many agencies as you can and find the right one. Because even though the original first-place agency seemed good on paper, it just didn’t seem to fit when I read more about them. In any case, the internet helps to explore the wonderful world of literary agents in great depth. And the only way to find out if an agent fits is to talk to them and for that I have to finish my story. So, excuse me while I tie my muse to my desk and get back to writing. 


5 comments:

  1. Finding a Literary Agent is a good person and people who are describing this idea will check that page and find some new ways. This will be an ideal way to understand the reality of blogging and some creative writing style which is for the readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A decent guide can perform best in all courses and to think about capacities of a decent coach we should peruse this blog with finish consideration. I was finding a mentor of English website for my sibling and I was befuddled that how to choose a decent coach however this blog made my focuses obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice too know about the tips for finding a literary agent. Here is a good site for your help. This is the time of skillful personality and sharp thinking’s. You can be a successful person if you have these both skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finding an agent to describe your capabilities is very important. For an agent to find fault see this website and get away for you is important and this blog is such like that is some prospected

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding a good agent that describe your capabilities is very important in anybody life. You can see more details For an agent to find fault and get away for you is important and this blog is such like that is some prospected

    ReplyDelete