Friday, March 15, 2013

Creative Writing for Kids Part Two


Who knew that teaching five ten-year-old boys about writing would be this challenging? Don’t get me wrong, also fun, but mostly challenging. I suppose the main problem here was that when I asked them about why they chose Creative Writing as their talent workshop, they said it was because it was the only thing left. Ouch. I think my heart felt that. They also had the attention span of a sponge. I maintained order quite well, especially for a beginner, but I’m thinking that next time I might go Lady Gaga on them and wear a purple hat, a yellow outfit, feathers in my hair and a neon sign around my neck to keep their attention directed towards me. 

I gave them little pieces of information followed by a small assignment, like talking about plot, or characters and then making them invent a plot and a character with certain traits. They did do those assignments, though it was difficult for them to come up with things and a few of the characters were therefore Frodo and Spongebob. But hey, the thought counts and at least their creative juices were somewhat flowing, or trickling in this case.

I also mentioned setting and how to describe places, but then one of them said; ‘why not watch a film?’ Ouch, another one for my heart to take. I suppose my fear for the lack of love for books was accurate. Apparently the pages of books have been replaced by the scenes of films. Still, they said they enjoyed my little class and I gave them the homework assignment of writing the beginning of their story. They seemed quite excited about that, but then again any sort of willingness to write seemed like a giant positive step. I don’t give up easily, though and I’m determined to make them passionate about stories by the time I’m done with them. Which will only be after two more classes.
I'm looking forward to next week. It helps that I feel like I got to know a lot about them already and know that they’re good kids, even the troublemakers have something adorable about them. If only people stayed that way when they grow up. 

5 comments:

  1. That brand is extremely well known for their taste and sustenance quality however rate additionally does make a difference truly so consider it at whatever point you consider eating junk food. It will be all the more better in the event that you save time from article composing and cook nourishment at home without anyone else in https://www.paraphrasingtool.biz/affordable-paraphrase-essay-generator-free-online/ light of the fact that you will be extremely sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a blog spot for kids in this article kids are taught to do creative writing which impress his teacher. You can also visit website to explore on your own and get basic lesson from this teacher. Well while reading the article it looks like that a teacher has shared a story of schooling with us to get lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is extremely hard to encourage the anomalous understudies so doing instructing to these kids is intense occupation. The compensation of click this link here now is not exactly to show such understudies, commitment and great reasoning is fundamental to them. So to select the instructors for this reason will tedious and rushed for the administration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative writing for kids Is an article. You can discover this for more ideas. I which writer says that the writing skills are very important for a man and for a kids to prepare a good article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For writing a good typing speed also matters because it saves time and effort and a good writer must have a good typing speed.Get this helpful link to read more info by reading this blog I have improved my typing speed.

    ReplyDelete