Friday, March 15, 2013

Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend: Review


Books are like people, you see the cover, you read the first page and instantly you know whether or not you’ll like the book. That’s what I had with Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend (I liked it, that is) and it has now become one of my favourite books.

Stories that provoke the imagination are always a plus in my book. Pun intended. And I also like characters with problems that aren’t easily solved. In this case that is Max, the eight-year-old boy with a form of autism. This is also the reason why he has had an imaginary friend longer than most kids, because he still needs him. Budo, the imaginary friend, is mostly afraid of disappearing and the theme of the book, in my eyes, is therefore existence. Everybody (or at least most people) are afraid of dying/disappearing and in this case that theme is handled in a very original and interesting way.

The characters have as much depth as a giant volcano, those are deep right? Even the minor characters are portrayed realistically and well. The story flows nicely and everything that happens contributes to the story, AKA no boring parts. I felt like this book was a fun, intriguing, suspenseful and creative adventure involving an imaginary friend as he tries to save his friend from an interesting antagonist. It is also really cool to encounter the different types of imaginary friends and even though, surprisingly, I never had any imaginary friends as a kid, I want one now. And yes, even grown-ups can have imaginary friends, the author said so. So please excuse me, my talking (and snarky) unicorn wants to play with me now. I am Morgan and I approve this message…I mean, book! J


PS: Follow the author on Twitter: @MatthewDicks



5 comments:

  1. Emoirs of an Imaginary Friend are introduced in this blog. This blog us so much attractive and we can visit their website to have some other details. I am happy to have this blog and i will share this blog as well. Readers will enjoy the reading of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgan blogspot is the basic and introduced title of the given blog. We can present this ritle to the readers and all the readers will comment it into http://www.paraphraser.biz/about-us/ websites of different types. We can read this blog and understand the value of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The young lady in the picture has made a twist in the workplace and it is much agreeable to work with it. Sprucing up with the official hues looks pleasant on you however this isn't the situation in website as here you don't have to demonstrate your identity. I likewise do a similar suiting in the workplace because of the agreeable condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Memoirs of imaginary friends are very interesting. If you dint have a friend and you imagine a friend then you will feel that this is some strange. Anyone can find this remarkable article on paper writing. You can live with this feel. You can have the same memories as a real friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The front page of any good shows whole book that people like it. Read more info here http://www.grammarsoftware.info/grammar-and-plagiarism-checker-software-reviews/ or not so a good book writer designs a good book front page and it gives a good response for book readers.

    ReplyDelete